College Surgeons PastCollege Surgeons Present

Image from Dublin Penny Journal (3 Nov. 1832): “This college was established by Royal Charter in 1784, and in 1796 was entrusted by the legislature with the duty of inquiring into the qualifications of surgeons, seeking to be appointed to the care of county infirmaries. In 1806, the college buildings in Stephen’s Green were erected at the public expense, and in 1825, the front was remodeled, enlarged, and improved, and the present museum and examination hall built, at an expense of seven thousand pounds…” (p. 1).

Original (here, slightly edited to match photo) provided by JSTOR Early Journal Content, recreated March 2014 by New York University CAS Sophomore Honors Program students.